Orange Season Update 0.2.2
Hello, everyone! The Orange Season project completed three years of existence this week, so I'm bringing you all a very special update.
Shortly after releasing version 0.2.1, I made some deep changes to the game's internal system to make it run faster on computers with no GPU. Those changes had broken many of the game's features, so I had to carefully fix and retest every little detail of the game to ensure a smooth update today. I want to thank users ScaledWolf and FelipeFalcon for helping me test everything over and over.
Now, to the actual changes in the game:
- You can now pick up bigger weeds, so you don't need to use the sickle to get rid of it.
- Smaller weeds were removed from the game.
- The sickle's area of effect has been improved.
- Shrank the hitbox of stumps, logs, weeds, stones, rocks, trees and items. You can now walk through some of those.
- Improved fence's and gate's hitboxes.
- Weeds will start growing back if you leave unused areas on your farm. Sometimes the wind may also carry a rock or log to your farm too.
- WebGL Mode Only: New Visual Effect to highlight the area of effect of the sickle, axe, hammer, watering can and seeds.
- Added "Breath System": Breath is a hidden variable that will let you run for short periods of time without spending stamina. It's recovered automatically when not running and the max breath increases infinitely based on how much you run.
- You can now ride goats and cows after they reach a minimum heart level. Riding a goat is faster than running and don't consume stamina/breath. You can't climb stairs or enter caves while riding an animal.
- Improved animal hitboxes.
- Decreased the amount of friendship required to tame a wild animal.
- Fixed an issue that caused cats and squirrels to walk through walls.
Towns and Villagers:
- You will no longer be able to enter the villagers' houses. Instead, your character will knock on their door and the villagers will greet you there.
- From now on, the lights inside the houses will only be on when there's someone awake inside it.
- Added new Rock Town Villager: Billy.
- Implemented other Rock Town Villagers (Adriana, Rory, Ilda, and Gabriel), but those can't be found yet.
- Changed the size of some wild animals.
- Simplified the blacksmith's house.
- Changed Brittany's Schedule. She will meet with Julia and then Nathalia, before going to work.
- Changed everyone else's schedule to make them go to their bedrooms at night.
- Decreased the amount of friendship needed to start filling the stars under a villager's name.
- Small changes to the entrance of the big cave.
- Added a new level to the iron mine, unlocked through a quest. This new level includes a wider area for mining silver and blue crystals. Check the walls on mine level 6 to trigger the quest.
- Building a Barn now requires 200 branches and 15 wooden sticks. The price changed from 10,000G to 5,000G.
- Building a Coop now requires 100 branches and 40 weeds. The price changed from 7,000G to 3,500G.
- Building a fence now requires 2 branches. The price changed from 50G to 20G.
- Building a gate now requires 2 branches and a stick. The price changed from 200G to 50G.
- Brick price changed from 40G to 30G.
- Changed the icon used for weeds.
- Added more wooden stick spawn locations.
- Improved Shop Windows to include a "Buy" and "Close" button.
- Mouse cursor will be hidden when not in use.
- You can now use the mouse pointer to determine where to use tools (Previously you needed your character to be facing the spot where you wanted to use it).
- Fixed issue that caused the Shipping Bin Prices not to update properly.
- Fixed the hit area of all doors and other objects.
- Changed the main characters' sprites to be slightly cuter.
- Up until version 0.2.1, I had separate sprites for each possible customization of the main character (genre, skin color, and hair color). This is no longer the case, as the game now generates those sprite customizations on its own when starting a new game or loading a save file. This caused the total disk space used by the game do decrease and will also allow more customization options in the upcoming updates. Because of this change, I added a Loading Screen to the game. This process will need a few seconds when first loading your save file, but it won't show up during the game.
- Fixed grammar in Lucas' first letter.
- Fixed the mushroom seeds description.
- Fixed Red Watering Can name.
- Some conversations that required you to talk to a villager twice to get all the messages no longer need so.
- English only: Fixed some messages that showed large values using a dot instead of a comma (ex: 5.000G)
- Fixed "Feeding Lucas": You no longer need to hold the food item you want to give him in your hands.
- Added "Opening a New Path" task for Swamp.
- Added a new scene with Brittany and Nathalia.
- Knocking on someone's door is now animated with a small scene (the clock is paused during it).
- Improved Annie's Introduction.
- Title screen animations are no longer random.
- Changed tutorials so that Benjamin tells you about the mouse controls too.
- Improved all sprite files.
- Improved some math formulas that are used constantly by the game.
- Improved map transition speed.
- Fixed some lag that happened when skipping the tutorials on a new game.
- Several engine improvements.
- Implemented a zoom system: This is currently used to show a similar amount of content on the title screen, regardless of screen resolution.
- Improved Item Shop Window: It will now show all items you need to have when crafting something.
- Fixed some issues with Steam Achievements.
- Swapped Mushroom Seeds and Wheat Seeds position in the general store.
- You can no longer run while holding an item.
- Changed the "Quick Start" button to a toggle option in the character creation screen.
- Increased max save slots to 10.
If you find any bug with the update, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP.
Get Fantasy Farming - Orange Season
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.